Another work in progress—probably the final one until the thaw. The plan, originally included in my 8/27 post, is below and is largely unchanged from the presentation drawing you see below. I used Dynascape color for a down and dirty rendering. I’m not overly fond of the color module of Dynascape despite its ease of use, but clients love the drawings. I can save them as a PDF and email them or print them out full size. Even a very detailed drawing takes less than an hour to color up with this point and click program. I still prefer the look and feel of hand colored drawings, but they’re more cumbersome to deal with electronically.
This particular project has been challenging due to the laundry list of elements to be included as well as the stone that we finally chose to use. Since bluestone was not an option, we settled on local granite that is quarried in upper New York state. It’s got lovely texture and color and is available both as wallstone and flagging. Below is a photo of the patio seatwall, firepit and stone carpet in progress.
The patio is raised one step up from grade to create a better transition from the house to the steps I’m stood on to take this photo. We ordered custom salt and pepper granite curbing to create that transition. Each 8″ wide and 8″ tall piece was snapped on three sides to work with the rusticated look of the stone. The dark spots in the photo are dirt…not defects.