My friend Helen Yoest either has a wicked sense of humor or a need to know more…but an Honest Scrap award–I’ve got enough baggage and randomness to fill a junkyard. I’ll play because I’m a good sport and I was asked to…not that I think anything revealed below is going to give anyone else any real insight into who I am or why I do what I do. Time spent over tidbits will tell that particular tale.
The award has two components. You have to first list 10 honest things about yourself (and make them interesting), and second is to present the award to seven other bloggers. I tried to pick people who always make me want to know more when they comment or Tweet–even though I suspect some won’t play–their links are below. So, if you care about such things related to me–and Helen was curious enough to ask, here are 10 possibly (possibly not) interesting and titillating tidbits…
10 Bits of Honest Scrap about You Know Who…
- I am a visual inspiration junkie. I am constantly observing everything around me as possible visual fodder for something else.
- I am a mass of design contradictions. For example, I love clean lined modern design but my own environment leans towards eclectic, layered and definitely garage sale chic.
- I often wonder who is really reading my blog…and why aren’t there more of you dammit.
- I am the only one who likes my dog. Harry is a true Parsons Russell terrier with all of the enthusiasm and idiosyncrasies included…but then I’ve always been attracted to bad boys…
- Most wouldn’t even suspect at how sentimental I really am.
- My favorite time of day is early, early morning before the noise of humans clutters up my life and the airwaves.
- The big paradox of my life it that I am ambitious yet not competitive.
- I have a long, long, long fuse….then KAPOW!
- Travel to anywhere I haven’t been feeds my soul.
- I want to live in the South of France…in the Languedoc-Roussillon specifically.
I don’t really know how these random facts paint a richer picture of who I am or am not, they are just facts without the history to go with them. The nuances and personal experiences of a life well lived is what makes these bits and pieces important…so if it’s more tidbits you want, convince the next 7 (chosen via my own curiosity) to share theirs…
Laura from Punk Rock Gardens
Carolyn from A Yard and a Half
Phillip from How it Grows
James from Federal Twist
Patty from Join Me on the Path
Kari from Karibaskets
Jayme from Nest in Style
This doesn’t mean I’m not curious about everyone else…it just means that in following the rules I must only list 7…